My mother died in a house fire in 89.It was a year after she died before any family members knew.

She lived a couple of states away.I tried to get info. about the ins. and death It was hard , she had gone back to her maiden name. The big problem is the insurance company verified the payments were paid up at the time of her death.

But , because the claim was not filed right away,they had to deduct money from the account to keep it active. The policy was for 5,000.00, they deducted 4944.00,turned over the 156.00 to Florida. I do not see how this is legal. This was before the internet or free long distance.

Also AIG had bought the original insurance company.

Also ,when you are told by the fire marshall that everything was burned.That makes it hard to have the paperwork.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of aig life insurance. American International Group needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned aig life insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at American International Group.

Had an Experience with American International Group?

Comments

Springfield Township, New Jersey, United States #1071237

Sorry for my language but what scumbags!