On Jan. 3 at approx.

3:45 pm I purchased a round trip ticket to visit a friend to Fayetteville, N.C. through Travelocity.com on American Airlines to fly out the next day (Jan. 4) at 3:30 pm. I talked to my friend shortly before purchasing the ticket and she said she was feeling a little sluggish but that I should come and visit for a week.

I also purchased flight cancellation insurance which American Airlines offered through Expediapolicies@aig.com for $28.00 called a Travel guard policy which they made it sound like in the case of cancellation your fees were covered. By 8:00 am the morning of the 4th my friend called me and told me that her and her son had come down with the flu and didn't think it was a good idea to come and asked if it was to late to cancel my flight. I told her it was not a problem because I purchased the cancellation insurance.I cancelled the flight and filed a claim with Expediapolicies after talking to American Airlines. They claimed that because there was no Dr.

report they didn't have to honer the policy. I was pissed and talked to American Airlines and they stated that I had 1 year to use the credit from the canceled flight of $397.50. I figured that would be fine because I was flying to Texas to visit my parents on Feb 5. I called to book the flight for $400+ and told them I wanted to use my credit towards the flight.

They came back and stated that the credit couldn't be used on an economy flight but that I could used it on a flight that cost $900+ . What a SCAM all the way around.

Review about: American International Group Travel Insurance.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments